This space originally served as a chapel of the Jesuit college that was built in the early 17th century.
After the revolution, the chapel was renamed Sthrau’s room, named after a small one
tambourine from Alsace who was declared hero of the Battle of Wattignies and who died in 1793 in Dourlers.
In the period before the first World War the chapel served as a ballroom, recreation room,
music room and as shelter for frost, including animals.
After the war
the outer walls and the baroque façade was only still standing. The interior of the chapel was redesigned between 1923 and 1929 by Henri and Jean-Paul Lafitte.
The new party hall was built in art deco style and had to be one next to a ballroom, a music room and a playroom
cloakroom, bar and sanitary facilities and reserved places reserved for the musicians and actors.
recess is made for an oval stained glass window. The walls are decorated with murals that celebrate the celebration
of the freedom festival of February 23, 1749 and the party Mabuse show. The wrought iron decor under the banister
image tragedy and comedy. Also the fences around the vault and the luminaries for the lighting
executed in wrought iron. The façade was included in the inventory of historical monuments and the hall in 1958
itself in 1997. The surrounding plot and roof were restored in 2003 and the rest of the building is the subject
of a study in the context of ________ as regional capital in 2015..