The Knappschafts-Heilstätte was operated on Steierberg in Sülzhayn, today part of Elrich. The architect was Gustav Hasse. The construction period lasted from 1896 to 1898. Medical Councilor Emil Kremser was appointed senior physician. The opening with admission of the first patients took place on January 17, 1898, the inauguration was on October 15, 1898. Among the patients were miners. In wartime, the facility also served as a military hospital. In the post-war period, the house was used by the Russian army, after the turn used as a hospital for paraplegics. The closure took place on March 15, 1997.