The shipyard was raised in 1877 and has a lot of history.
It was an important shipyard in WOII. Some people worked there to repair German Marine ships, but secretly they did this job to gain trusted information which they gave to London.
Until the end of the 90’s it was still active. The areas were sold and intended to become a yacht harbor. But the plans didn’t come true. At last the 2.3 hectare was sold to Pascal Lagrou, a man who was active in a ship construction yard in Poland for 14 years. At the yard there will be hulls build up to 100 meters. These yachts will be finished in the Netherlands. The realization of the project is an investment of 5 million Euros.