In 1909 the construction started of this monastery. When it was finished in 1913 it had an office, a church, a school and 2 buildings for the residents of the Sint Franciscus order. There were living around 600 people there, manly disabled children.
In 1937 the brotherhood left the monastery, many because the Nazi Regime was on the rise.In 1939 it became a shelter for children who were mentally or physically disabled. The monastery got a new name Waldniel Hostert. On 1 oktober Adolf Hitler got power en used Waldniel Hostert as euthanasia center. Disabled people, children and adults were put here because for them there was no place in the New Reich of Hitler. It is known that certain between 1939 and 1943, 512 people have died in Waldniel Hostert, including 128 children.
Only in 1952 the monastery was returned to the St. Francis Order. In 1955, the St. Francis Order sold the convent to the English who used it until 1963 as a military hospital. Then the monastery was converted into a school, Kent School named. There were 1,400 children attending this school of which 270 stayed at the boarding house. The other children were taken by bus. Every day there were 50 buses who drove to the school and there was even a bus station built on the site. In 1992 the school was closed.