Mr Ratry born in Kortrijk puts in 1854 a project to build a large weaving factory. He buys an area of 75 Hectares long and built a castle in the middle of the site. The plant takes a long time to build. Meanwhile he also builds houses for the staff. It is in 1873 that the plant becomes fully operational. The pond in the woods supplies water for the boilers and it is until 1914 that the driving force is provided by steam engines 800 HP and 300 HP until the arrival of electricity.
The fabric is most known for making fabrics for mattress,sheets,table linen. At the end of the century there are almost 600 people working there, 85% men, 15% woman only. From 1940 – 1945 had to weave webs of parachutes . With the mines closed,trains were bringing former miners to work in the factory. In 1996 they merge with another big textile group. The staff got reduced and production got increased. At some point they deliver to almost 20 countries. In early 2009 the factory only preserve 34 of the 70 employees. The company produces luxury fabrics and technical fabrics like Anti-uv and Fire fighting. With a lot of shares of the family company sold and bad business decisions the factory was forced to close in 2011. In 2012 an auction took place ending up of selling 800,000 € of equipment to Egyptiands, Pakistans and Italians. The factory became abandoned ever since.