During the French Revolution, the family of the Count of Liedekerke-Beaufort left the feudal castle Chateau de Veves and lived at a nearby farm. After the Revolution, this opulent residence was built as a summer home for the family in 1866 by the English architect Milner, although he died before seeing its completion.
The Chateau de Miranda, as it was called then, was owned and used by the family except when it was briefly occupied by the Nazis in World War II. In 1958, it was used by the SNCB (a Belgian national rail company) as a home for the railway-men’s children and became Chateau de Noisy.
It was abandoned in 1991 and has been falling into ruins. The building has 550 windows and a clock-tower that is 183 feet (56 meters) tall.
They used the castle in 2009 as a movie set for the movie Anubis en de Wraak van Arghus. In 2016 there are plans to demolish the castle due to it’s bad state. A lot of people are against it but then again who would put so many money up to renovating this huge castle…