This castle was build in 1912 a design from architect J.Vercoutere. Only a few hunderd meters away is another castle the owners of the castles where 2 brothers Emile vanden Bogaerde and his brother Gaspard. In 1914 the castle was completed unfortunally WW1 started and the brothers were send to war. The castle got taken by German soldiers and was reconverted as a prison camp. The castle took a lot of damage even the floor was used as firewood. The castle got renovated after the war but again a war started. The son of Emile, Jean-Pierre Vanden Bogaerde and his wife lived in the castle after WW2. In 1997 the castle became property of the city and the park was turned into a public domain. In 2016 the city planned to invest 322.500 euro to renovate the castle and maybe soon it will get its former glory again.