The Dewe lingerie factory started in 1897 with the name AW, named after Achiel De Waele, the founder. Later when the sons of Achiel took over the business in 1903 the name was changed to DW. The factory is a producer for quality ladies underwear. With brands like Perle and Bugatti they were a known name in Europe. After WW2 the old buildings were demolished to built a brand new modern factorty. It’s these buildings that got abandoned in 1998, after 101 years of producing lingerie.